SafeWise’s Annual Safest Cities in Colorado Report for 2019
SafeWise, the leading resource for all things safety and security, announced its 20 safest cities in Colorado for 2019— 65% of them reported fewer than 10 total violent crimes in 2017.
Eagle is named the twentieth safest city in Colorado per SafeWise. Among the twenty top cities, Eagle has the second highest median household income at $118,630. Other area towns named to the list:
No. 4 Aspen – median household income $64,594
No. 15 Vail – median household income $73,981
Cherry Hills Village, No. 5, is the only city in the top twenty with a higher median household income than Eagle at $238,750.
See the full report here:
Key findings from the Safest Cities in Colorado Report include:
- The top city, Lamar, reported no murder, rape, aggravated assault, motor vehicle theft, or arson
- 85% of the top 20 cities had zero counts of murder.
- 65% of the safest cities reported fewer than one violent crime incident per 1,000 people.
- 64% of respondents to the Safewise State of Safety survey named digital security and property crime as their top safety concerns.
- The primary digital security fear among Coloradoans is being a target for identity theft—79% of respondents said they are worried about ID theft, vs. 74% nationwide.
- Break-ins was the top property crime concern, with 67% ranking it first, compared to 63% across the country.
To identify the cities with the best safety records, SafeWise analysts looked at the number of violent crimes reported in the 2017 FBI Unified Crime Report, the most recent data available. They also calculated the number of violent crime incidents per 1,000 people in each city. Analysts established population thresholds and, in the event of a tie, property crimes were considered.