The Eagle Chamber of Commerce is organizing the 27th Annual Christmas on Broadway – A Traditional Down Valley Christmas Celebration on December 3, 2016 from 5:00pm – 8:00pm. The children can get a bag of candy at 5:00pm at The Peppermint Station next to Parade Central to enjoy while watching the parade. The community will come together for the parade starting at 5:30pm on Broadway then follow the parade to The Eagle Town Park to see the live nativity, tell Santa their Christmas wishes, warm up by the bonfire while sipping on Wassail and enjoy the sounds of The Harris and Lee Band until 8:00pm.
Kicking off Christmas on Broadway is the 2nd Annual WassailFest sponsored by Circle-A Auto Repair and the Dusty Boot! This event will be happening at local businesses throughout Eagle with a Rally at the newly renovated Dusty Boot Roadhouse on Wednesday November 30th starting at 5:30pm. The community will get the first taste of Wassail at the Rally, pick up their “12 Sips of Wassail” cards, get a token for a free drink and check out the vibrant new restaurant! Wassailers will then hit the streets from Thursday December 1st – Saturday December 3rd to try all the different Wassail recipes and get their cards punched. Wassailers will turn in their cards at the Dusty Boot Roadhouse by 4:00pm on Saturday to cast their vote for Eagle’s 2016 WassailMeister! Those who complete their “12 Sips” can also claim their commemorative mug with a free burger token from Dusty Boot Roadhouse – while they last!
An exciting addition to WassailFest this year is the Turtle Bus! The fun will begin Friday at 3pm at Bonfire Brewing. Everyone is invited to hop aboard the Turtle Bus and be whisked away to sample Wassail at participating businesses throughout Eagle. The Turtle Bus will be looping between the different business districts and Bonfire Brewing throughout the evening.
There’s a lot happening but here’s what you need to remember:
- WassailFest Rally at Dusty Boot Roadhouse Wednesday November 30 at 5:30pm
- WassailFest at businesses throughout Eagle Thursday December 1 – December 3, 2016
- Turtle Bus Friday December 2nd starting at 3pm at Bonfire Brewing and then throughout the evening
- Turn in “Sips of Wassail” Punch Cards at Dusty Boot Roadhouse with the business that had your favorite Wassail by 4:00pm on Saturday December 3rd
- Peppermint Station and traditional chicken noodle soup on Broadway Saturday December 3rd at 5:00pm
- Parade on Broadway Saturday December 3rd at 5:30pm
- Santa, Live Nativity, Wassail, Bonfire and Band at The Eagle Town Park immediately following the parade until 8:00pm
“WassailFest is a fun event that encourages the community to connect with the plethora of small businesses in Eagle. We invite everyone to come out and sample the Wassail at their favorite businesses, and discover some new businesses too! And as the holiday shopping season approaches, we encourage Wassailers to take advantage of the WassailFest discounts being offered and to BUY LOCAL…IT’S ALL GOOD!” Taun Sanders, owner of Circle A Auto, Title Sponsor of WassailFest.