It’s a wrap and the verdict is in: Eagle’s Inaugural WassailFest was a HIT! Here are some highlights:
- 22 business participated in three different business districts
- tons of fun was had by all – businesses and participants.
- one example: Jules welcomed 150 visitors, most of whom had never been in Julia’s cute store on Broadway.
- Kristie Petersen of Boone’s Wine & Spirits said after the event “too bad the Wassailing doesn’t just keep going! How fun it was!”
- Red Canyon Cafe missed first place by one vote – Ryan’s own! Better luck next year Ryan.
- the winner of a $100 gift certificate to Circle A Auto Repair (drawn from those who completed their Sips of Wassail card, visiting all 22 businesses) was … Pastor Sid Spain of Eagle United Methodist Church – congratulations Sid!
- our awesome WassailMeister Trophy (seen here with Taun Sanders of Circle A Auto Repair, our title sponsors) was made from a piece of a 120 year old cottonwood tree by Tim O’Brien (Shamrock Fine Woodworking).
- WassailMeister winner (by popular vote of all participants) was … Wine or Wort (Home Brew Supply Store) – congratulations Beth & Bit! (see below).
Erin Vega (Eagle Ranch Association) explained perfectly the joy of WassailFest: “My husband and I had so much fun Wassailing around Eagle last weekend. It was especially fun to visit Eagle businesses that we had not patronized lately, and equally exciting to visit new businesses that were not in our usual routine. It was easy to follow the Wassail trail as information was abundantly available throughout the town and all the businesses were equally supportive of other Wassail entries in the contest. Half way through the journey we started seeing the same smiling faces that were enjoying the same tasty trail through Eagle.
What a great way to encourage people to visit businesses and re-introduce everyone in the community. Although we never felt obliged to make purchases at the businesses, it did not take long to get in the Holiday spirit and start our Christmas shopping as we sipped, and chatted, and filled up our bags with goodies – goodies originally planned to be purchased online (egad!).
Thank you Eagle Chamber for producing this wonderful Community Event. It makes us remember why we love living in Eagle.”
Bit & Beth of Wine or Wort receive the trophy from event organizers, Taun Kulesza (Circle A Auto Repair),
Michelle Friedman (Always Mountain Time Radio) and Chamber President, Mick Daly.
You can be sure we will be back next year with the 2nd Annual Eagle WassailFest!